How to Apply For Ph.D in Law programme at Legon:
The University of Ghana School of Law (UGSoL) is currently inviting applications for its new Ph.D in Law programme. Applicants are invited to be part of the first batch of students who will commence their studies in January 2020.
All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are as follows:
· Full-Time- Four (4) years
· Part-Time- Six (6) years
Prospective students must have:
A Research Master’s Degree in Law from a reputable university or a Master’s Degree in Law with a Long Paper option;
Provide academic transcripts
· A copy of their Master’s Degree certificate
· A copy of their Master’s Thesis or Paper
· A Research Proposal
· The email addresses of (3) referees
HOW TO APPLY
- Ghanaian Nationals applying in Ghana
University of Ghana application e-voucher can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for
GH¢ 200.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the
following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Masters’ Degree programmes)
- Masters’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for PhD programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required (provide the details of the referees online)
- PhD applicants should attach their Research Proposals to the application (Not more than Four pages)
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Applicants who graduated from this university should scan and attach only their certificates to their applications. NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE. The originals will be required during interviews.
All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
- International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from Abroad
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the UNIVERSITY OF GHANA ECOBANK ACCOUNT.
Details of the Account are:
All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
- The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard. The link is https://www.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
Cost of E-voucher
Ghanaians applying in Ghana GH¢ 200.00
International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad US$110.00
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses below:
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies
University of Ghana